Quick savory muffins made delicious with healthy spicy hummus! Cheese and scallions round out the flavors!
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium bowl, whisk together hummus, milk, and eggs. Whisk out any lumps of hummus. In a large bowl, stir together flours, baking powder, chili powder, salt, cheese, and scallions.
2) Stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Don’t overmix, but if the batter is super-thick add more milk by the tablespoon. It should be a barely pourable batter.
3) Grease or butter a muffin tin and spoon in the batter. Fill the tins almost to the top.
4) Bake muffins at 400 degrees F. for 30 minutes or until they are cooked through and the tops are cracking.
5) Remove muffins and let cool briefly. Then remove from muffin tins. I think they are best while warm.