1) Chop the veggies.
2) Sauté the veggies in a few tablespoons of oil until they are a bit soft, but not browned at all. Just a few minutes should do the trick.
3) Cook the beans according to the directions on the package. If you are using dry beans, which I recommend, you’ll want to soak them overnight so plan for that.
4) Add the breadcrumbs and using a masher or large spoon, mash up the beans and breadcrumbs.
5) Mix in the sautéed veggies and all the other spices.
6) Form about 4 ounce patties with the mixture.
7) Sprinkle the chili power and cumin on each patty.
8) Cook them in a few tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes a side.
9) Stir all of the sauce ingredients together.
10) Serve with a small green salad using the sauce as salad dressing!