Traditional egg salad gets a big flavor boost with a spicy avocado mixture! The avocado is creamy so you need less mayo! Perfect in a salad or sandwich for easy lunches!
4 large eggs
1 avocado, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
1 scallion, diced
1/4 cup mayo
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 - 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon hot sauce
Arugula for serving
- Cook eggs by adding them to a pot and covering them with cold water. Make sure the water covers the eggs by a few inches. Place over high heat until the water boils. Then remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 12 minutes. Drain water and add cold water to the pot to cool the eggs.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, add diced avocado, celery, scallion, mayo, red pepper flakes, hot sauce, and salt. Stir together.
- When eggs are cooled, peel them starting at the fat end for easier peeling. Then roughly chop eggs and add them to the avocado mixture.
- Stir together and season to your liking with salt and pepper.
- Serve egg salad over arugula for a salad or on toast for a sandwich!
Leftover egg salad keeps well in the fridge for 2-3 days.