A simple weeknight pasta dinner with an interesting twist, this spaghetti has Crispy Chili Crisp Breadcrumbs stirred in and served on top. So delicious and unique flavors!
8-10 ounces spaghetti, cooked al dente
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs (about 3 pieces of bread)
2 tablespoons chili crisp
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon minced parsley
2 tablespoons butter
Fresh parmesan, garnish
- To make breadcrumbs, place 3-4 pieces of stale bread on a baking sheet and bake for 300˚F until bread is crispy, maybe 7-8 minutes. Then let bread dry and crumble into crumbs. You can use storebought breadcrumbs, but fresh is best for this dish.
- Cook spaghetti in salted water until it’s al dente, 8-10 minutes.
- In a small skillet, add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a small skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs, chili crisp, garlic, and parsley. Stir together and cook, stirring occasionally, until breadcrumbs are fragrant and crispy. Remove from heat.
- When spaghetti is done, melt butter in a large skillet. Remove spaghetti from the pot with tongs and add to skillet with melted butter. Toss together with half of the crispy breadcrumbs over low heat.
- Serve spaghetti immediately with extra crispy breadcrumbs and fresh parmesan on top of the spaghetti.