Stuffed poblano peppers with a delicious spicy rice, onions, and lots of spices.
1) For rice, add stock, tomatoes, spices, and rice to a medium pan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, covered, and simmer for about 20 minutes. Be sure to check your rice for exact cooking times and liquid amounts.
2) For peppers, chop off stems, slice peppers in half and remove seeds. Roast in a 400 degree oven for 5 minutes per side. They shouldn’t be soggy, but should be flexible. Some scorch marks are good.
3) Chop onions and Serrano pepper and add to a medium pot with olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook for a few minutes, stirring, until onions are soft. Stir in cooked rice.
4) Season rice mixture with salt and pepper. Spoon it into pepper halves.
5) Serve with avocado, sour cream, and cilantro.