Quit worrying about broken sauces during brunch! This Sous Vide method of making Hollandaise Sauce is fail-safe. This is about as close as guaranteed success in a recipe can come. A must try for Eggs Benedict Lovers!
1) In a small sauce pan, combine shallot and apple cider vinegar. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes then remove from heat and let cool. Measure out two tablespoons of the apple cider vinegar and add to a large mason jar.
2) Add egg yolks, melted (and cooled) unsalted butter, water, lemon juice, and salt to the jar. Tighten the lid and shake well.
3) Place jar in a sous vide water bath at 147 F˚. Cook for 90 minutes or up to three hours.
4) Remove jar when ready to serve and blend sauce with an immersion blender or transfer mixture to a standard blender and blend well to emulsify sauce.
5) Serve sauce generously over your eggs benedict recipes.