1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a mixing bowl or with a stand mixer, cream together butter, coconut oil, and sugar until smooth and fluffy. Then add in egg and vanilla extract.
2) In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
3) Add half of dry ingredients to the creamed butter, followed by the sour cream, and then the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
4) Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface until it’s about 1/4-inch thick. Then cut out cookies in whatever shapes you want.
5) Bake cookies on a baking sheet for 9-10 minutes at 375 degrees. They should be lightly browned on the bottom and still soft.
6) Let cookies cool before frosting.
7) For frosting, beat together cream cheese and butter with a mixer until light and fluffy. Then add vanilla and powdered sugar until it reaches the consistency you want. Feel free to add food coloring to your liking.
8) Pipe frosting onto cooled cookies. Store cookies in an airtight container in the fridge if you aren’t them immediately.