A traditional deviled egg with smoky bacon added to it. The bacon adds some great texture and flavor to the egg appetizer.
1) To boil eggs, add eggs to a pot with cold water. The water should cover the eggs by about an inch.
2) Set on high heat and cover until the water boils. Once it’s boiling, turn off the heat, keep the lid on, and let sit for 13 minutes (more if you’re using really big eggs. I used large eggs.)
3) Remove eggs and run under cold water. Crack eggs all around and carefully remove shells.
4) Slice eggs in half and scoop yolk into a bowl. Be careful to keep white halves intact.
5) Cook bacon on a wire rack over a baking sheet in the oven at 350 degrees until very crispy, about 15 minutes.
6) Let cool slightly then pour bacon grease into measuring dish.
7) Add bacon grease, mayo, dried mustard, vinegar, and salt and pepper to yolks and mash well to combine. Mix until smooth. To get rid of all lumps, mix with a hand mixer.
8) Scoop filling into a plastic storage bag. Cut off a corner and carefully fill egg white halves.
9) Dust with paprika and dot each egg with a few pieces of crumbled bacon.