The perfect snack mix to have out during the holidays! These Sweet and Spicy Nuts are made in the slow cooker. What could be easier?!
1 cup pecans
1 cup walnuts
1 cup peanuts
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Line your slow cooker with foil and spray with non stick spray for easier clean up.
- Melt butter and stir together with syrup, hot sauce, salt, cinnamon, garlic powder, and chili powder.
- Pour mixture over nuts and stir together well. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes, then switch to low and cook for another 30 minutes. Stir the nuts every 15 minutes.
- Remove the nuts from the slow cooker (you should be able to just lift out the foil). Spread nuts out and let them cool.
- Nuts are fine at room temperature for a few days or you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for longer storage.