Chicken stewed with spices, white wine, and tomatoes makes a hearty and delicious dinner. Simple and easy to make!
1) Dice onions and crush or mince the garlic. Add to a saute pan over medium-high heat with tomato paste and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until onions are very soft and cooked through.
2) Add white wine to pan and use the liquid to scrape up any stuck bits. Cook the mixture for a few minutes until about 1/3 of the wine cooks off.
3) Add the onion mixture to a slow cooker with the stock, strained tomatoes, and spices.
4) Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper and nestle them in the crockpot.
5) Cook on low for about 5 hours. Leave the lid slightly ajar so some of the liquid can cook off.
6) When you’re ready to serve, serve the chicken over rice with olives, lemon zest, and parsley as a topping. Spoon lots of sauce over each plate!