The simplest way to make a pasta sauce with cherry tomatoes. No peeling or coring necessary.
1) Get a large pot of boiling salted water going for the pasta.
2) Mince the garlic and chop the onion and basil.
3) In a large, wide pan add the olive oil over medium high heat along with the cherry tomatoes. Cook until they start to blister and burst.
4) Add the onions, garlic, and season with a little salt and pepper.
5) Cook for 10-15 minutes until tomatoes start to break down. Use a fork or a spatula to mush the tomatoes down even further.
6) Add a pinch of salt and pepper along with any other spices you might want and let the tomato sauce continue to simmer until thick, about 15-20 more minutes. Stir occasionally.
7) Start cooking pasta when sauce is pretty thick.
8) Add white wine and use the extra liquid to scrape up any bits of sauce stuck to the pan. Add basil as well and stir to combine. Turn heat down to low. If sauce gets too thick at this point, add a bit of pasta water to the sauce.
9) When pasta is done, pull it out with tongs and add it to the sauce immediately. Don’t drain the pasta.
10) Stir pasta in with sauce and serve immediately with parmesan cheese.