This simple Tex-Mex recipe is easy to whip up even on a weeknight. Great as an appetizer or a meal served with toppings!
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add diced onion and cook for a few minutes to soften.
2) Add diced jalapeno, cumin, chili powder, black beans (drained and rinsed) and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes to warm through.
3) Add corn along with 1/2 cup of water and lightly mash mixture in the skillet. Some texture is good.
4) Working with one soft flour tortilla at a time (microwave it for 5 seconds if it isn’t very flexible), add about 2 tablespoons of bean filling and a small pinch of grated cheese. Roll the tortilla tightly into a “flute” shape. Place the tortilla seam-side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You can secure the tortilla with a toothpick, but you probably don’t need to.
5) Repeat until you use all the filling. You should get 12 good sized flautas. Bake the flautas at 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes until cheese is bubbling and tortillas are lightly browned.
Let flautas cool briefly and serve with sour cream, salsa, avocado, and cilantro.