Quick marinated and seared shrimp on top a bowl of savory soba noodles with lots of fresh and crunchy veggie fixings.
1) Peel shrimp, but leave tails on. Use a paring knife to slice up the back of each shrimp and rinse under cold water to remove the vein if there is one.
2) In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, garlic, and ginger. Toss prepped shrimp into the marinade and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
3) To cook shrimp, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add a small drizzle of canola oil and add the shrimp. Cook shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side until they are just cooked through. If you overcook them, they will get rubbery.
4) Cook soba according to package. When done, drain and toss with sesame oil to keep the noodles separate.
5) Divide soba between four bowls. Top with shrimp and veggie toppings. Garnish with cilantro and chopped scallions. Serve with extra soy sauce and/or sriracha!
The salad is also great cold if you have leftovers!