This is one of my favorite ways to cook a whole side of salmon. Pack it in herb-crusted panko and bake it alongside a few simple veggies! Sheet Pan Herb-Crusted Salmon is always a hit!
Optional Sheet Pan Add-ins:
- Preheat oven to 400˚ F.
- If your salmon filet has pin bones, use a pair of clean tweezers to pull out the pin bones. They are usually on the fatter end of the filet and you can feel them easily if you run your hand down the filet. Also, if you ask your fishmonger, they might remove the pin bones for you.
- Drizzle half of the olive oil on the sheet pan and half on the salmon.
- In a small bowl, mix together panko breadcrumbs, herbs, lemon zest, and salt. Pat that mixture onto the salmon filet.
- Place crusted salmon filet on oiled baking sheet and bake at 400˚ F. for 20-23 minutes until topping is browned and fish is flakey.
- Serve fish immediately with lemon on the side.
Optionally, you can add other vegetables to the sheet pan to round out the meal. I like to add some baby potatoes, diced, and some asparagus. The asparagus will need to roast about as long as the salmon. The potatoes will need 10-15 minutes longer so I recommend roasting them and then add the salmon and asparagus to the sheet pan.