- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Scrub veggies well and chop them into large pieces. Lay them out on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast soup ingredients at 400 degrees F. for 30 minutes until they are caramelized in spots and tender.
- Meanwhile, bring stock to a light simmer in a large pot.
- When veggies are done roasting, chop them up into 1 inch pieces and discard any inedible parts (onion skin, garlic skin, etc.) and add to pot with stock.
- Bring the ingredients to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Then blend with an immersion blender. Alternatively, let the soup cool for 10 minutes and blend slowly, in batches, in a normal blender.
- Return the blended soup to a pot over low heat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Finish with the cream and serve garnished with fresh herbs.
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-e5Z.