Zucchini salad made from paper thin shavings of zucchini with toasted pine nuts, basil, and Parmesan cheese.
1) Add the olive oil, lemon juice, pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
2) Toast your pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium-low heat for a few minutes until they’re lightly tan and fragrant. Watch them closely or they’ll burn.
3) Wash your zucchini and chop the ends off. Using a peeler or mandoline, slice the zucchini into very thin slices. Also chop your basil roughly.
4) Add the zucchini, basil, and pine nuts to a bowl and drizzle in the dressing. Be careful not to over-dress the salad. Just add enough to lightly coat everything.
5) Piling the dressing on a plate and shave a few big slivers of Parmesan cheese over the dish. Serve it immediately!