The perfect salad for your holiday table is this Shaved Brussels Sprouts salad with bacon, goat cheese, and apples. Plus, I toss it with a quick warm bacon vinaigrette right before serving. Guaranteed good!
1 pound (approx.) brussels sprouts, shaved
6 strips bacon, crispy
1 apple, chopped
4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup pecans, toasted
2 tablespoons bacon grease
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
Dash of hot sauce
Pinch of sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place bacon strips on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes until the bacon is very crispy. Let crispy bacon drain on a few paper towels and reserve bacon grease for vinaigrette.
- Wash brussels sprouts and slice them in half through the stem. Then shave thin with a sharp knife. Add shaved sprouts to a bowl.
- In a small skillet over low heat, toast pecans until fragrant and lightly browned. Be careful not to burn!
- Right before serving salad, heat bacon grease and other vinaigrette ingredients in a small skillet and swirl together. Don’t simmer the ingredients but heat them and stir until they are combined.
- When ready to serve, drizzle warm vinaigrette over shaved brussels sprouts and then toss with toasted pecans, goat cheese, chopped bacon, and apples. Serve immediately!