1) Press tofu block between a few paper towels. Put a cutting board on top with something heavy to press out liquid. Let sit for 10 minutes.
2) Chop tofu into strips and marinate in a few tablespoons of soy sauce.
3) Prep all other ingredients. Cook rice, roughly chop brussel sprouts, and chop cilantro, garlic, etc.
4) Add a few Tablespoons of vegetable oil to a hot pan (a wok or nonstick pan works best). Add tofu in a single layer and let cook for a few minutes on high heat until the tofu starts to brown.
5) Turn tofu and brown on the second side.
6) After cooking for a few minutes on each side, add brown sugar and toss to coat tofu in sugar. Cook for a few minutes until tofu caramelizes.
7) Remove tofu and sprinkle with cilantro.
8) Add sprouts to hot pan (don’t wash it) and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
9) Add garlic and rice and if pan is really try, a bit more oil. Season with salt and pepper and cook until sprouts are tender and some will be browned.
10) Serve tofu over sprouts with toppings of choice.