A riff on the viral TikTok recipe, these Sausage Stuffed Pasta Chips also have cheese in them for a fun snack. I like to dip them in marinara sauce!
8 ounces rigatoni pasta, cooked al dente
2-3 ounces grated mozzarella (optional)
3 ounces spicy Italian Sausage
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (optional)
Marinara Sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Cook pasta in salted water until al dente. I recommend pulling the pasta about 1 minute before recommended cooking time and testing it. Don’t overcook the pasta or it won’t work.
- Drain pasta and rinse with cold water.
- working with one pasta at a time, add one tiny piece of grated cheese to the middle of the pasta. Then stuff each end of the pasta with sausage. Dip each end in breadcrumbs and add pasta to baking sheet. Repeat with all your pasta pieces.
- Drizzle stuffed pasta with olive oil and season with garlic salt and any other seasonings you like.
- Bake pasta chips for 15-18 minutes until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve pasta chips while warm with marinara sauce.