Sausage and Mushroom thin-crust pizza with mozzarella and tomatoes. I baked mine in the Ooni pizza oven and it was ready SO FAST. Deliciously crispy crust and great topping combo!
1 8-ounce pizza dough
Flour for shaping
1/3 cup canned tomatoes, crushed
2 ounces Italian sausage
3-4 cremini mushrooms, chopped
4 ounces low moisture mozzarella cheese
Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven, ideally the Ooni pizza oven.
- Flour dough and stretch it using your hands until it’s about 10-12 inches in width. Place on a lightly floured peel.
- Add tomatoes, spreading them out with a spoon.
- Top with mozzarella, Italian sausage, chopped mushroom, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Slide into the pizza oven.
- Cook pizza for 3-4 minutes, rotating pizza every minute or so to ensure even cooking. Monitor heat and turn heat down if it is cooking too fast.
Alternatively: You can cook the pizza in a traditional oven on a baking stone at 500˚F for 10-12 minutes.
- When pizza comes out, let cool briefly and garnish with fresh basil. Slice and serve immediately!