Soft shortbread cookies that are heavy on flavor thanks to rum-soaked raisins! These are perfect sweet treats for the holidays!
1) Soak raisins in rum overnight or at least for a few hours. Drain raisins and reserve 1 tablespoon of rum for recipe.
2) Add butter and sugar to a stand mixer or hand mixer and cream together until smooth on medium speed with the paddle attachment, about 3-4 minutes.
3) Add in zest, vanilla, rum, and cinnamon. Stir together.
4) Add in salt, and coconut followed by flour. Then add soaked raisins. Try not to overmix the dough.
5) Scoop dough onto two pieces of parchment paper. Roll dough tightly into a log about 1.5 inches in diameter. Let dough chill in fridge for at least an hour.
6) Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove dough from fridge and slice each log into 12 slices. Lay out cookies on a few baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Leave about 2 inches in between cookies.
7) Sprinkle cookies with raw turbinado sugar and bake for 15-16 minutes at 325 degrees.
8) Remove cookies and let cool on baking sheets. Store at room temperature, covered.