A few different fall vegetables cubed and fried with one secret ingredient. Topped with sunny side up eggs for the perfect breakfast.
1) Peel vegetables and cut into cubes. The best way to do this is to cut each veggie into planks, then sticks, then cubes.
2) Add a good drizzle of oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add the veggies (except the garlic). Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until veggies are starting to get crispy.
3) Stir in garlic, syrup, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Continue to cook for another few minutes, or until they reach your desired level of crispiness.
4) For eggs, add a small dab of butter to a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Once melted and bubbling, crack in eggs. Cook for about 90 seconds until whites are mostly set.
5) Cover pan with a lid or plate and cook for another 30 seconds or so.
6) Slide eggs on hash and serve immediately.