A perfect, puffy savory pudding made with rolled flatbread chunks, fresh sweet corn, peppers, and big dollops of goat cheese.
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Rub a 2 1/2 qt. baking dish (or 8×8 baking dish) with 1 teaspoon butter to coat. Roll flatbreads into tight cylinders starting with the long end toward you (making a longer roll rather than a shorter one). Cut each roll into 8-10 pieces and stand on end in the baking dish.
2) Cut kernels off corn and chop veggies. In a large skillet over medium heat, add corn, peppers, onion, and garlic and cook for 5-6 minutes until tender. Season veggie mixture with salt and pepper and spoon over the flatbreads. Be sure to get the veggie mixture down and around each flatbread roll.
3) Dot pudding with spoonfuls of goat cheese. Feel free to use a heavy hand with the goat cheese. You could even go up to 8 oz.
4) Whisk together eggs and milk and pour mixture over the baking dish, making sure it gets distributed evenly.
5) Bake dish at 375 degrees F. for one hour. Rotate it once halfway through. It should be slightly jiggly in the very center. Don’t worry it will continue to set up as it cools.
6) Let pudding cool for 10 minutes. Then garnish with fresh chives, slice into big squares, and serve while warm!