When you can find good ripe strawberries, this homemade strawberry BBQ sauce is worth making! Just a few ingredients and it goes well slathered on almost anything on the grill.
1 quart strawberries, halved
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Cut stems off strawberries and slice them in half. Spread them out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (for easy clean up) and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt.
- Roast strawberries for 15 minutes until they are browned in spots around the edges.
- Meanwhile, add other ingredients to a medium pot and bring to a simmer over low heat. When strawberries are done roasting, add them to the pot as well and simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove mixture from the the stovetop and transfer to blender. Let cool for a minute and then blend until smooth.
- Transfer sauce to an airtight container and store in the fridge for 2 weeks or freeze for longer storage.
- Use the BBQ sauce liberally on almost any grilled item, but it’s particularly good on grilled chicken or pork. You can also mix it with a little olive oil and red wine vinegar to make a good salad dressing!
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-gLu.