1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Chop up stuffing ingredients into halves or quarters.
2) Season the chicken cavity with some salt and pepper. Don’t be gentle. Once all of the stuffing is, well, stuffed, be sure to close up the cavity. Just fold those flaps of skin across each other.
3) Chop veggies and toss with Olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, the lemons themselves, and some fresh rosemary. You can go pretty heavy on the spices.
4) Pour your veggies in a large 9 by 13 pan. A roasting pan would be even better. Then put your chicken right in the middle, on top of the veggies.
5) Roast for 45 minutes and give your veggies a stir to make sure they cook evenly.
6) Roast for another 45 minutes or until the chicken has a temperature of 175. If you don’t have a thermometer you can check to see if the juices in the thigh area “run clear.” If so, then it is cooked. 90 minutes should really do the trick for a normal 4-5 pound roasting chicken. Ovens vary though, so always check.
7) Rest chicken for at least 10 minutes.
Slice and serve chicken with the roasted veggies.