Roasted jalapeno peppers and crispy bacon stirred into one of the most addictive potato salads I’ve ever had.
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. On a large baking sheet with a wire rack, lay out your strips of bacon and the whole jalapenos. Roast for 18-20 minutes until bacon is very crispy and jalapenos are slightly blackened.
2) Cut the stems off of the peppers, cut them down the center and scrape out seeds. Then dice the peppers. It’s okay to leave the skin on. Crumble the bacon and reserve a tablespoon or so of bacon grease.
3) Peel Russet potatoes and dice into 1/2-inch cubes. Boil in salted water until the potatoes are tender (8-10 minutes), but not completely mushy. Drain when cooked through.
4) Dice celery and scallions and add to a large bowl. Stir in diced jalapenos, bacon, bacon grease, greek yogurt, and mayo.
5) Stir in cooked potatoes and mix well. Season the salad well with salt and pepper. The salad is good warm actually, but you can also chill it for later.