- Cut the tip off a garlic head and cut the ends off of shallots. Drizzle all with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap in foil and roast at 350 degrees For 35-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and cube Yukon potatoes. I shoot for about 1 1/2-2 inch potato cubes. Boil in lightly salted water until the potatoes are very tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and return to hot pan. Mash with a potato masher or large fork until they potatoes are mostly mashed. You can also run the potatoes through a ricer if you have one or even grate them with a box grater.
- When garlic and shallot or roasted, peel and either finely chop or pulse in a food processor to form a paste.
- Add butter, sour cream, and garlic/shallot paste to the potatoes. Continue to mash until the potatoes are very creamy.
- Optionally, you can add potatoes to a stand mixer and whip with a paddle attachment until very creamy.
If potatoes are dry, you can some warm milk by 1/3-1/2 cup until very creamy.
- Season mashed potatoes with salt and pepper to taste and serve while warm.
- Garnish with fresh chives!
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-fqy.