These simple breakfast toasts are topped with loads of colorful veggies and perfect poached eggs for an easy and elegant way to start the day!
1 large carrot, peeled and grated
1/2 yellow or orange pepper, sliced thin
1/2 green pepper, sliced thin
4-5 radishes, sliced thin
1 large beet, peeled and grated
6-8 ounces ricotta cheese
Salt and pepper
Fresh scallions, garnish
- Peel and grate the carrot and stir together with the peppers and radishes. Add a pinch of salt to the veggies and let sit for a few minutes.
- Grate beet separately and also add a pinch of salt.
- Poach eggs in a medium pot. Bring the pot to a slight simmer and add a few tablespoons of vinegar. Swirl the water with a spoon and carefully crack in eggs. (Work in batches depending on the size of your pot). Cook the eggs for about 3 minutes until the whites are set, but they should still give a tiny bit when touched.
- Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and carefully drain on a few paper towels.
- Toast english muffins and smear each muffin with ricotta cheese. Top with salted beets and salted veggies. Then place on poached egg. Drizzle with olive oil (optional) and garnish with fresh scallions. Serve immediately!