Cheesy Red Potatoes Au Gratin
- Serves 6
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
Did you make this?
Snap a photo and tag @macheesmo so I can see your work.
Thin sliced red potatoes baked to perfection in a rich, creamy three cheese sauce. Make this Red Potatoes Au Gratin for a great holiday side dish!
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Slice potatoes thin, but not paper thin. Dunk the sliced potatoes in cold water.
3) In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat and then whisk in flour. Let cook for 2-3 minutes until roux darkens slightly.
4) Whisk in milk slowly so lumps don’t form. Let sauce thicken and bubble for a few minutes once the milk is whisked in.
5) Add all grated cheese to the sauce and season with garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
6) Drain potatoes really well. Add cheese sauce to bowl with sliced potatoes and stir to combine.
7) Butter a 2 1/2 quart baking dish and pour in the potatoes. Try to arrange them so they lay flat in the baking dish.
8) Cover dish with foil and bake for an hour at 350 degrees F. Then uncover and bake for another 30-40 minutes until the dish is browned on top and cooked through. Check the center with a knife to make sure the potatoes are tender.
9) Let the dish cool for 15-20 minutes and then slice and serve the potatoes!
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-bOK.