Homemade pizza with shrimp and a spicy red pepper pesto. There’s plenty of cheese also obviously.
Roasted Red Pepper Pesto (Makes about 2 cups)
1) If you purchased nice whole shrimp, take your time to shell them entirely and cut them in half head to tail. Also remove the black vein near the back of the shrimp if there is one.
2) Toss the shrimp in a bowl with the garlic, pepper flakes, olive oil, and lemon juice. Let this marinate for 10 minutes or so.
3) Throw all the roasted red pepper pesto ingredients in a food processor and give it a pulse until it is sauce.
4) Chop up the onions and red pepper. Try to get them pretty uniformly sliced.
5) Check out this post on how to make the pizza crust.
6) You should preheat the oven to about 500 degrees and if you are heating up a pizza stone, make sure you give it at least 30 minutes to get the stone as hot as possible.
7) Roll out the dough and slap it on a lightly corn mealed pizza peel. You can also use the back of a sheet pan if you don’t have a peel.
8) Add an even layer of the red pepper pesto and then top it with the onions and fresh red peppers.
9) Pile on the cheese and finally those shrimpies. Try to keep the shrimp in one layer or they might not cook all the way through. You can pile them on though as long as they don’t overlap. They will shrink up when they are cooked.
10) Cook about 12-14 minutes in a 500 degree oven and the shrimp should be cooked perfectly, the cheese melted, and the crust super crunchy and delicious.