Whole wheat flour, blan flakes and a lot of raisins make up these very healthy muffins.
1) Mix all dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix wet ingredients separately.
2) Stir wet ingredients into dry mixture. Don’t overmix the batter. It’ll be pretty wet but the bran will absorb a lot of moisture.
3) Quickly stir in raisins. Again try not to overmix batter.
4) Pour into muffin tins that are either sprayed with non-stick spray, or rubbed with a light coating of butter. You could also use cupcake/muffin tins. You can fill these up almost to the top. They won’t rise like cupcakes rise. Sprinkle extra bran on top as a garnish.
5) Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Try not to overcook them or they will dry out fast.
6) Cool on a rack for 5 minutes before eating.