This is a quick and healthy quinoa salad made with fresh, crunchy veggies, toasted nuts and seeds, and sumac spice, delicious!
Quick Lemon Vinaigrette:
1) Rinse rainbow quinoa well under cold water. Cook according to package instructions which will most likely mean adding it to 4 cups of simmering water (for 2 cups of quinoa) and simmering on low heat for 18-20 minutes, partially covered.
2) When the water has absorbed from the pan, turn off the heat, cover the quinoa, and let it steam for a few minutes. Then fluff it with a fork.
3) In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, and vinegar to make a quick dressing. Season with salt and pepper. It isn’t a huge amount of dressing. It should just lightly coat the salad.
4) Chop radishes, red pepper, and cucumber and toss in dressing.
5) When quinoa has cooled slightly, add it to the bowl and stir to combine with dressing and veggies. Season the salad with salt and pepper.
6) In a dry skillet over low heat, add the slivered almonds and sesame seeds and toast until they are fragrant, 4-5 minutes.
7) Serve quinoa salad garnished with toasted nuts and seeds and with a big pinch of sumac spice.