This stuffed chicken breast is an elegant and beautiful dinner. It’s also healthy! Stuffed with quinoa and spinach, it’s a perfect hearty dinner!
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. cook tri-color quinoa according to package. This should involve rinsing the quinoa and cooking it in two cups of simmering water (per cup of quinoa), covered for 20 minutes, and then fluff it with a fork.
2) In a large skillet, add a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Once hot add rinsed spinach and cook until wilted. Season with salt and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Let spinach cool and roughly chop it.
3) When quinoa is done, fluff with a fork and stir in chopped spinach, crumbled feta and black pepper. Season with a pinch of salt.
4) When you’re ready to stuff chicken, butterfly each chicken breast horizontally but don’t cut completely through the chicken. Cover each breast with plastic wrap and pound each breast until it’s an even thickness.
5) Unwrap each chicken breast and add a good amount of quinoa filing to each breast. Depending on the size of your chicken breasts, you should be able to fit 1/3-1/2 cup of filling per chicken breast. You might have some filling leftover though which you can serve on the side.
6) When chicken breasts are filled, carefully fold each one up and secure it with a few skewers so they hold their shape.
7) In a large skillet, add a drizzle of oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chicken breasts, seam side down and sear for five minutes. Then flip and sear for another 4-5 minutes.
8) Once all chicken breasts are seared, transfer them to the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
9) Let chicken cool for a minute or two, remove skewers, and slice and serve!