1) Cook quinoa according to package. I like to rinse mine under cold water, then add it to simmering water in a 2-1 ratio of water to quinoa. Partially cover it and let it simmer on low for 15-18 minutes. Then strain it to remove any extra water and return to a hot pan. Cover and let steam for 5 minutes. Then fluff with a fork.
2) Cut stems and roots off of beets and roast for about 40 minutes at 375 degrees until they are a bit tender with a fork. It’s okay if they aren’t completely roasted. A little crunch is fine. Let beets cool for a few minutes and then peel and chop into matchsticks.
3) Make dressing by combining ingredients in a small food processor and pulse until smooth. Set aside until needed.
4) Rinse spinach well and dry it. Then chop it roughly. Add it to a salad bowl with other veggies (grated carrot, peppers, onions, avocados, and beets).
5) Add quinoa to the salad last and toss to combine.
6) Serve salad with dressing on the side.
Extra salad and dressing keeps well in the fridge fro 3-4 days.