A great cold salad with quinoa, sweet potatoes, cranberries, and pumpkin seeds. Great for lunch or as a side for a BBQ.
1) Rinse Quinoa with cold water to remove dirt. Drain the quinoa and add it to a pot with 2 cups water for every 1 cup quinoa. Bring to a simmer and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Be sure to check your cooking instructions on your quinoa as cooking times might vary a bit.
2) Poke a few holes in the sweet potatoes with a fork and bake them at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes until they are tender. Let the potatoes cool for a few minutes when they come out and then peel and dice them.
3) Mix cubed potatoes in with quinoa.
4) For dressing, whisk olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, honey, and paprika together. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and pour it over your quinoa. Go light on the dressing. You might not need all of it.
5) Stir in cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
6) Taste for salt and pepper and store in the fridge for up to a week.