Simmered quinoa and oats in milk and cinnamon makes a rich and hearty porridge. This porridge is great on a crisp fall day.
1) Rinse quinoa under cold water.
2) In a medium pot, bring milk and water to an almost simmer over medium heat. Add oats and quinoa.
3) Add in pinch of salt, cinnamon, and syrup.
4) Simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes.
5) If the mixture looks really thick, add another 1/4-1/2 cup of water.
6) Stir porridge and make sure the quinoa is cooked through.
7) Serve with butter, almonds, honey or brown sugar.