Quinoa gives these standard buttermilk pancakes some great texture. A perfect use for leftover quinoa!
1) Cook quinoa according to instructions. Let cool a bit before using in pancakes. Using leftover quinoa is the best option.
2) Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3) In a smaller bowl, mash banana until it’s a paste. Stir in wet ingredients (milks and eggs) and quinoa.
4) Mix wet stuff into dry stuff and stir well to combine.
5) Finally, stir in melted butter.
6) Put a nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat and once hot, add a tiny pad of butter or spray with nonstick spray. Ladle on about 1/2 Cup of batter. Feel free to make them bigger or smaller. That’s just a good starting size.
7) When bubbles form on top of the pancake and the edges firm up a bit, flip it!
8) Cook for a minute on the second side.
9) Serve immediately with syrup and butter.