1) To make sauce, blend the stock, half the peas, a handful of mint, and a clove of garlic. Once it’s smooth, set it aside for later.
2) To make quinoa, add 1 1/2 Cups of rinsed quinoa to 2 1/2 Cups boiling water. Cover and simmer for 15-17 minutes until quinoa is tender and cooked.
3) Dice leeks and shallots. Slice mushrooms thinly and chop asparagus into pieces.
4) Add butter to a large skillet and once melted, add leeks and shallots. Cook until veggies are soft, about 4-5 minutes.
5) Then add asparagus and mushrooms and continue to cook, stirring. Cook for another 5 minutes or so until mushrooms are tender and asparagus is tender, but still slightly crunchy.
6) Once veggies are done, fold in quinoa, pea sauce, whole peas, and season with salt and pepper. Stir until pilaf is warmed through.
7) Serve with hot sauce!