A few shortcuts plus a few tricks makes for one great bowl of doable ramen!
Cheater Ramen Stock
3 cups beef stock
2 teaspoons white miso paste
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon soy sauce
Hoisin Pork Loin (optional, but good)
1-1 1/4 pound pork loin
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- For cheater stock, combine beef stock, miso, butter, and soy sauce in a pot and warm over low heat. It should never boil, but a light simmer is okay.
- For pork loin (optional, but good), mix together all ingredients in a bowl and pour over pork loin. Ideally, do this a few hours in advance or the night before so pork can marinate.
- Place pork in a roasting pan and roast at 400 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes until the thickest part of the pork loin registers at least 145 degrees F. Flip the pork every 10 minutes and baste with any marinade in the pan.
- Remove pork and let rest.
- Meanwhile, prep other ramen ingredients including cooking the noodles according to package, grating carrot, and chopping herbs, and making Soft Boiled Eggs.
- Slice pork thin into coins. Divide noodles between bowls and pour in warmed ramen stock. Top each bowl with some pork, an egg, veggies, and a drizzle of sesame oil and sesame seeds. You can also add soy sauce and chili oil if you want!