A few shortcuts plus a few tricks makes for one great bowl of doable ramen!
Cheater Ramen Stock
3 cups beef stock
2 teaspoons white miso paste
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon soy sauce
Hoisin Pork Loin (optional, but good)
1-1 1/4 pound pork loin
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- For cheater stock, combine beef stock, miso, butter, and soy sauce in a pot and warm over low heat. It should never boil, but a light simmer is okay.
- For pork loin (optional, but good), mix together all ingredients in a bowl and pour over pork loin. Ideally, do this a few hours in advance or the night before so pork can marinate.
- Place pork in a roasting pan and roast at 400 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes until the thickest part of the pork loin registers at least 145 degrees F. Flip the pork every 10 minutes and baste with any marinade in the pan.
- Remove pork and let rest.
- Meanwhile, prep other ramen ingredients including cooking the noodles according to package, grating carrot, and chopping herbs, and making Soft Boiled Eggs.
- Slice pork thin into coins. Divide noodles between bowls and pour in warmed ramen stock. Top each bowl with some pork, an egg, veggies, and a drizzle of sesame oil and sesame seeds. You can also add soy sauce and chili oil if you want!
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-eUK.