Cream Cheese Frosting:
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk together well!
2) To make the brown butter, just put all of the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Let it melt and continue to cook, stirring occasionally. It will foam some and eventually the milk solids will start to brown and even burn a little bit. This takes about 5 minutes maybe.
3) Strain this! If you don’t have a good strainer, you can use a coffee filter.
4) Then pour all the brown butter into a bowl with all of the sugar and cream it together until smooth. It will look like brown sugar and smell amazing.
5) Once cool, add eggs and additional egg yolks to sugar mixture.
6) Add pumpkin puree and finally whisk in dry ingredients in two batches.
7) Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, fill up the cupcake pan! Anytime I’m making cupcakes, I like to use the paper inserts which make for easy transport. Fill the papers about 3/4 of the way full. Don’t fill them all the way to the top or you will have some serious overflow happening.
8) Bake for about 25 minutes in the middle rack of the oven or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
9) Move cupcakes to a wire rack until they are completely cooled. Take them out of the pan after a few minutes and let cool completely (approximately one hour).
10) For frosting, mix butter and cream sugar together using a hand mixer (or whisk) until the mixture is well combined and smooth. Mix it for a few minutes on medium speed until it starts to get light and airy. Then add vanilla and finally sift in powdered sugar, 1 Cup at a time.
11) Once the cupcakes are cooled you can top them which as much frosting as you can handle and decorate accordingly!