For those that don’t have a huge sweet tooth, these savory Pumpkin Cheddar pancakes are just the breakfast you need. Fluffy and cheesy!
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon mild chili powder
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4-5 scallions, chopped
Pumpkin seeds, garnish
Syrup, for serving
Butter, for cooking
- In a medium bowl, stir together pumpkin, eggs, and milk until smooth. Then stir in dry ingredients and stir to combine. If batter seems very thick, add more milk to thin it out. Don’t add the cheese or scallions to the batter.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add a small pad of butter and let it melt. Once butter is melted and bubbling, add batter in 1/3 cup batches.
- Let the pancakes cook until the edges are firming up and browning slightly. Then add a sprinkle of cheese and scallion to each pancake. Flip!
- Let pancake cook on the second side for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and stack pancakes. Serve them garnished with pumpkin seeds, extra scallion, and syrup!
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-g9i.