These cheesy and slightly spicy Frito pies are an easy and delicious dinner. They are also an excellent game day appetizer!
1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon hot sauce
8 oz. cheddar cheese
1 large bag Fritos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium pot over medium heat, add butter and cubed chicken. Add cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and hot sauce, and cook, stirring regularly until chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken in the pot as it cooks. Reduce heat down to low.
- Either in one large baking dish or 4 smaller baking dishes (individual servings) add a layer of Fritos, followed by a layer of pulled chicken and cheese. Repeat with another layer of Fritos, chicken, and cheese.
- Bake Frito pies for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees F. until cheese is really melted and the entire dish is bubbling hot.
- Top Frito pies with toppings of your choice and serve immediately!