1) Combine oats, apple sauce, and peeled and diced apple in a small bowl.
2) Pour in boiling water and stir together.
3) Add food coloring and let sit for 15-20 minutes so it thickens.
1) Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together milk, buttermilk, eggs in a separate bowl.
2) Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients then stir in melted butter.
3) On a griddle or in a large nonstick skillet, add a small dab of butter over medium heat. Once butter is melted pour in pancake batter in 1/2 cup amounts.
4) Do a test pancake first. If it is too thick, add more milk to thin the batter. If it is really thin, add more flour by the tablespoon.
5) Cook pancakes for about 3-4 minutes until they firm around the edges and start to bubble on top. Then flip.
6) Cook for 2-3 minutes on the second side.
7) Serve pancakes immediately, with puke mixture, and maple syrup!