Pressure Cooker Sesame CodJump to Recipe
This post is sponsored by Crock-Pot(R) Brand! I used their new 8-quart Crock-Pot® Express Crisp Pressure Cooker for this Pressure Cooker Sesame Cod. Be sure to follow them on Instagram for other great slow-cooker and pressure cooker recipe ideas!
Let me paint a picture for you: You plan to have a delicious fish dish for dinner only to remember half-way through the day that you forgot to put the fish out to thaw in the morning! Bummer right?! But, good news! You can actually go from frozen fish to perfectly flaky fish in just a few minutes! I used this method for this Sesame Cod with Veggies and it’s actually almost magical.
I used the new 8-quart Crock-Pot® Express Crisp Pressure Cooker for this recipe which has a bonus feature over many pressure cookers. It has an interchangeable top that works as a crisper! So, I used the steam pressure cooking setting to bring this fish to life and then switched to the crisper lid to glaze the sauce on the fish!
I’m not sure I’ve made a dinner that was this healthy, this easy, and this delicious in a very long time. My whole family loved it!
Pressure Cooker Sesame Cod with veggies! From frozen to delicious in five minutes of cooking time! I serve mine with a simple soy, honey, sesame sauce over rice!
- Place 1 cup of water and juice from half of a lemon into the 8 quart container of your pressure cooker. Add steaming tray and layer on vegetables. Place frozen cod fillets on top of the veggies and top with a few lemon slices. Season with a light pinch of salt.
- Lock lid on Crock-Pot Express and press the Steam button. Set timer for five minutes.
- After timer goes off, let cooker cool for five minutes and then use the release valve to release steam.
- Mix together soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil. Spoon sauce onto the cod in the cooker. Reserve about half of the sauce for serving.
- Change out the lid on the cooker to the crisper lid. Lock in place and set cooker time for five minutes.
- Remove veggies and cod and serve over rice. Spoon extra sauce over the cod before serving.
Step-By-Step Pressure Cooker Sesame Cod
This recipe takes just a few minutes to prepare. Chop up some veggies and add them to your steamer plate on the pressure cooker. I used zucchini and red pepper! Keep the pieces in larger pieces. Smaller pieces will just get soggy under the pressure.
Next, add your cod fillets. My were on the large side but you should be able to fit 12-16 ounces in the cooker. Just make sure the frozen cod doesn’t overlap or it might not cook completely.
I used two large, 7-8 ounce, fillets for this version.
When you’re ready to cook, lock the lid and press the Steam setting!
Set the timer for five minutes and press start! The cooker will start to heat and will take a few minutes to come up to temperature and pressure. Don’t worry if some steam comes out of the plunger valve while it is heating. It’ll lock when it gets up to pressure.
After just five minutes, you’ll be done! Let the cooker cool for 4-5 minutes and then you can release the pressure quickly using the pressure release valve! Be careful. It’s hot!
FINISHING THE SESAME COD
To finish this dish, mix up the sesame honey sauce and drizzle it over the fish!
Next for the fun part! Add on the Crisper lid and cook the cod for another five minutes. This will glaze on the sauce and is a great way to finish the dish.
Optionally, you can serve the fish without this step and just spoon the sauce over, but it sure is a nice touch!
Garnish the fish with some toasted sesame seeds and you are ready to serve!
The finished cod is SO flakey and perfectly cooked. Everybody in my family absolutely loved this recipe and I think your family will also!