An all-in one Brunch masterpiece, this pie is everything you want in a breakfast dish. Shredded potatoes, bacon, veggies, and just enough cheese and egg to hold it together.
1 pound bacon, chopped
1 pound hash browns
2 tablespoons bacon grease
1 small bunch kale, chopped
1 large leek, chopped
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
6 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Chop bacon and add it to a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook bacon until the fat is rendered out and the bacon is nice and crispy, maybe 10 minutes.
- Wash kale and leek well. Cut off any thick stems of the kale and chop into slivers. Half leek and chop it up into coins. When bacon is done, remove it from the skillet and drain off bacon grease, leaving 2 tablespoons in the skillet (you can eyeball it). Add kale and leeks and cook for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together packaged hash browns (or you can grate fresh potatoes, rinse them and dry them well), bacon, kale mixture, cheddar, eggs, and red pepper flakes.
- Line a 2 qt baking dish (or an 8×8 baking dish) with parchment paper. Spoon in the pie mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake breakfast pie for about an hour until the pie is very crispy around the edges. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Carefully lift the breakfast pie out of the dish and peel back the parchment paper. Slice and serve!