Delicious fried pork cutlets served on soft buns with traditional German toppings. One of my favorite sandwiches!
Pork loin roast (about 3 lb.), sliced
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 lemon, juice only
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups bread crumbs
1/4 cup olive oil + 1/4 cup butter, for frying
Red Onion slices
- Slice pork loin into 8 even slices. Place each slice on a clean surface and gently pound it with a meat mallet until it’s an even thickness. Shoot for about 1/4-inch thick.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Coat each piece of pork with the mixture. Then press breadcrumbs onto both sides of the pork. Let it rest for a few minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Once butter is melted and hot, add pork and fry for about 4 minutes per side until the pork is golden brown.
- When you flip the pork schnitzel, add a slice of swiss cheese to it so the cheese can melt. (Opt.)
- Serve pork on sandwich buns, topped with lingonberries, red onion, and arugula.