How to cook a full pork rib roast with the bone-in. It’s a beautiful presentation and delicious dinner.
Italian Salsa Verde:
For the salsa verde, Mix all finely chopped ingredients together or pulse a few items in a food processor. This will keep fine for a few hours if you want to make it in advance.
1) Rub roast well with salt and pepper and preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2) Lay strips of bacon on the top side of the roast. The bones should be underneath. Overlap pieces like shingles.
3) Wrap your twine around the roast, but don’t tie it yet. First, stick about half of your fresh herbs (you can use dried if that is all you can find, but fresh is ideal) on the bacon. You want the twine to hold the herbs close to the bacon.
4) Tie up the butcher twine until it is tight. Then put it in your roasting pan and let it sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Cover it during this time
5) Meanwhile, roughly chop all peeled veggies and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and remaining herbs.
6) Then add your veggies to your pot and bake uncovered for about 45 minutes at 425.
7) Stir veggies so they are cooking evenly and turn temperature down to 350 degrees F. Bake for another 60-75 minutes until pork reaches an internal temperature of around 145-150 degrees F. This time will vary depending on your roast size. Please use a thermometer!
8) Take your roast out and let it rest for about 20 minutes.
Slice and serve with salsa and roasted veg!