Roasted brussel sprouts with lots of citrus zest, pomegranate seeds, and pine nuts. This is a perfect winter side dish!
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice stem off of brussel sprouts and cut them all in half down the stem.
2) Toss sprouts in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast sprouts for 20 minutes until they start to brown.
3) While sprouts roast, toast pine nuts over low heat in a dry pan for a few minutes until they are fragrant and lightly browned. Be careful as they will burn quickly.
4) Seed a pomegranate by cutting it into quarters and peeling apart the insides under water in a large bowl. The seeds will sink and the white pith parts will float. Drain off water to be left with just seeds.
5) Zest one lime and orange and reserve zest.
6) Remove sprouts after 20 minutes of roasting. Stir and add in Serrano pepper. Return to oven for 15 minutes.
7) Remove sprouts and toss with honey and zest. Return to oven for five minutes.
8) Top roasted sprouts with pomegranate seeds, pine nuts, and serve immediately!