Prepare Polenta one day in advance of serving.
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In baking dish, combine water, olive oil, and salt. Slowly whisk in cornmeal.
3) Bake this at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
4) Remove dish from oven, add a fair amount of pepper and then stir it all together. Make sure that it all has an even consistency. Use a whisk to spread out.
5) Bake another 50 minutes to an hour in the oven to get thick, stirring every 20 minutes to make sure the polenta is evenly distributed.
6) After the second hour, pull it out and smooth over the polenta with a spatula so it is nice and smooth.
7) Let it sit at room temperature for 2 hours until it becomes very firm.
Prepare sauce the day of serving.
1) Blend a cup of your tomatoes with pine nuts.
2) Heat oil in a large pan and then add onions, garlic, fennel seed and red pepper.
3) Cook until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
4) Add the rest of your crushed tomatoes, the wine, the oregano, pine nut and tomato puree, and half of the basil. Stir this all together and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
5) Cut polenta into triangles.
6) Heat up a Tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over high heat. When it’s hot, add your polenta. Brown each side 7 minutes or until crispy.
7) Serve the polenta with sauce!