A delicious summer pie filled with fresh rhubarb, juicy sweet plums, lemon zest, and fresh chopped mint all packed inside a flaky crust!
Pie crust (or buy one):
For pie crust:
1) Mix sugar, salt, and flour in a bowl. Cube butter and cut butter into flour using a fork or your fingers until it resembles pea-sized pieces. Sprinkle in the vodka and water and stir until the dough comes together.
2) Turn dough out onto a clean surface and press it into two balls, make one slightly bigger than the other (top crust versus bottom crust). Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the fridge for at least an hour.
3) When you’re ready to bake the pie roll out the doughs working slowly so they don’t crack and with lots of flour on the counter. If they crack a bit it’s fine… nobody is perfect.
For the filling:
1) Stir all the ingredients together in a large bowl and let sit for ten minutes.
2) Use a slotted spoon to remove filling leaving most of the liquid in the bowl. You don’t need or want all the liquid in your filling or it will be super-runny.
Roll out the dough and form the larger half into the bottom of a 9inch pie pan. Spoon in drained filling. Cover with top half of dough and crimp edges closed. Make a few slits in the top of the pie crust. Sprinkle the pie with coarse sugar.
Bake pie at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, then down to 350 degrees for another 30 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes before slicing into it.